My Year In Pixels template for 2021: A printable productivity tracker inspired by mood trackers. For me, no matter the mood, what counts is what got done! Struggle with focus or consistency? Let this year in pixels template help you.
Before I decided to design my own year in pixels template for tracking productivity, I was scrolling through Pinterest when a colorful beautiful year in pixels tracker for moods made me stop and think, do my moods even matter now as a mom?
Regardless of how I feel, to me, what matters most is:
if the important things got done!
Hungry bellies and laundry piles don’t care one bit if I have ground my teeth to half because of a mood.
So I realized why not utilize the powerful idea behind it and make one for recording my daily productivity instead?
This post contains affiliate links.
In fact, tracking my daily input aligns perfectly with my motto statements of the year:
When I was a kid, people would tell me I worked in fits and starts, I couldn’t be a consistent person – ever!
And that “A rolling stone gathers no moss!!”
And especially because I was a Pisces.
I have consistently brushed my teeth for more than 10,000 days now.
But honestly, this thing has rung in my ears forever. In one phase of life, I thought to accept it and start working in batches.
That helped some but there are some things we need to do every single day to nurture our dreams.
(Wouldn’t it be fun if we could feed everyone once for the entire week, lol!)
I track my daily output in my planner (for my blog related goals).
Here is a sample page from one of the past months.
But sometimes what’s out of sight is out of mind.
Like when my planner is not near me.
So I thought it would be nice if I could see my performance over time in one place.
I mean for all the days of all of the months.
Want to do better? Here’s how tracking productivity can help…
When you track your daily performance a few great things happen:
- After some initial effort, you soon develop the habit of doing your work, now it takes less effort, resistance, and mental bandwidth to do the task you actually took double the time to finish before. This has additional benefits:
- you get consistent!
- make synergy happen: this means just like the law of harvest is to reap more than you sow, your actions start creating larger results, think 1+1=3, for example when we started doing my son’s morning routine, he not only learned his steps but also started listening and cooperating with me.
- create a ripple effect: this habit starts affecting your other routine actions too and you feel you can also be more consistent with other things you always wanted to.
- build integrity, you don’t feel hurt or heartbroken for breaking commitments you made with yourself (or others)
- boost your confidence
- improve the quality of the task you are doing, imagine how one year of consistent yoga can make your body super flexible with 365 days of practice. The last day will be way better than the first day
- you live intentionally, just so you can color the block green, you try to get creative and solve problems of your day so you can finish your task and be able to mark your block for the day green!
- it’s easy to reflect on your performance to make improvements and adjustments accordingly. For example, when you look at the entire chart and see only lots of alarming red boxes indicating poor past performances, you know you are not going on the right track with your year. It’s not possible not to improve when you see how your year is shaping up by your day-to-day choices.
How to use your year in pixels 2021 free printable productivity tracker
You can use this productivity tracker in two ways:
- to track the performance of one goal, like daily exercise, daily writing, etc
- or if you already have a goal planning and crushing system, then use this tracker to record your overall performance for the day.
First, signup for the year in pixels printable productivity tracker and download the pdf template file by clicking the yellow button below.
You can now fill the blank area for the goal to specify what you’re aiming to track so you don’t lose focus. A goal can be something you want to accomplish or be OR something you want to refrain from.
If you are using the colored version then your key is already made, just go through it once.
But if you prefer the blank one, you can either:
- make your own color key using your favorite colors.
- or use symbols. This will especially be easier if you keep things simple and will just put this sheet on the wall and stick one pen next to the sheet instead of chasing colored pens every day.
(Use sticking tape to stick the cap of the pen on the wall next to the sheet so you can easily pull out the pen when you want to use it.)
If you choose the second option of using symbols as your key, then here is a sample symbol key for you to get started:
- ⭐star: on top of my game (Did the right things at the right time)
- ✔️tick: caught up (Late but done)
- 〰️dash: semi-productive (Only half of the goals crushed)
- ❗exclamation mark: scrambling (Looked busy, did hardly anything)
- ❌cross: paralyzed (Overwhelmed/Lost. Didn’t know where to begin)
Note: if you use the blank template, then you have to fill up the month’s alphabets by yourself. Don’t bother to wait for January to start this, start now, wherever you are!
Put in your word of the year in the W.O.T.Y box. Haven’t found yours yet? No worries, learn how to choose the right guiding word of the year.
This word will be your sticky guiding compass.
You will need motivation every now and then to stay on track. Write your motto statement or any inspiring words in the motto statement block.
Where To Display your Year In Pixels Printable Productivity Tracker
Now, that your worksheet is ready for use, you need to put it where ever it:
- stays safe enough to last the entire year AND,
- doesn’t get forgotten.
So, maybe high up somewhere where sticky tiny hands can’t reach. And also it stays in front of your eyes most of the day like on the living room wall, without you having to do any special effort, because guess what, you won’t make 365special efforts.
I usually automate this by putting it on the room wall.
That serves a duel purpose. Other members read it and remind me when I’m not doing my best (sometimes maybe in ways I don’t like, but see? how we feel sometimes doesn’t matter!)
Here are some options for you to put your tracker in:
- Your planner,
- bujo (bullet journal),
- a clipboard,
- study desk,
- in or outside the cupboard
- room door
If you think that developing consistency in even one habit can change your life, do yourself a favor and put this productivity tracker into use.
Now before we get back to work, remember,
The signature of mediocrity is not an unwillingness to change, the signature of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency. ~GREAT BY CHOICE
Want to remember this year in pixels template?