Teaching calendar activities to your children for better time management and staying organized is great. For this reason, I made a ton of calendars for kids who are still small like my son. (You will see that animal themes are repeatedly there because kids love anything with animals in it!)
Important Things You & Your Child Can Use A Calendar For
Your preschooler will most probably be unaware of this productivity tool so you will need to be consistent in its daily use and make special effort to explain the benefits of why we use calendars.
Children will pick up by observing you and by the power of habit formation when you use it with them daily especially in the beginning.
You don’t have to use all of the suggestions for using this calendar given below.
Just focus on ones you or your child will benefit most from based on your specific needs at the moment.
If you don’t plan to put a calendar on the wall, you can ask your child to keep it on their desk just like we place our planners. Then they can engage in coloring or decorating each box or put stickers in there regularly as you use it for various purposes.
—> Teach Time Management And Organizing Tasks
If you chose our calendars, use the large dated boxes on each monthly calendar sheet to write down important tasks, appointments or dates. Do it as a fun activity with your kid.
For example, put a birthday sticker where a birthday is coming up (and begin a count down).
They will observe how you use it and learn to do the same over time.
Here are a few suggestions to fill your calendar with:
- Special school activities
- Doctor appointments/ Vaccinations
- Adventure Trips
- Occasions/Parties/ Birthdays of family and friends
- Meetings (school, friends, community, etc)
—> Measure Daily Progress/ Habit Tracking
Use it as a habit tracker to help your child build one habit each month. Track their progress or performance on one activity. Put colored star-shaped stickers at bedtime each day as your child makes progress or fill out each box with a color or pattern, or even a simple tick mark each day. Here are a few habits you both can help him track over the months:
- Brush teeth twice a day
- Daily prayer
- Eat my vegetables
- Feed the pet
- Water my plants
—> Set Monthly Themes Using Positive Affirmations For Kids
I saw people looking for positive calendars, I thought it would be a great idea to make our cute calendars into something motivational for our kids. So in quite a few of our calendars, each month’s sheet includes a positive affirmation for kids at the bottom. You can make each one of the positive affirmations as the theme of your month and similarly schedule related activities into your child’s routine.
How To Use Our Free Preschool Calendar Printables
- Like I mentioned before, for teaching calendar activities, you can put the printable on the wall where they can see it every day, on their study/ activity desk, or by their bedside.
- The calendar pages have a vertical layout just like children are accustomed to using regular books. So if you plan to put it on their desk then they won’t have to turn it horizontal which is why I made it like this. Nonetheless, I have included more than a few horizontal calendars too just in case you need these for a mutual planner you may be using with your child.
- The pages come in standard US size. When you click the yellow button below, you can access the calendar library. Each template is a PDF file. Get a printout of the calendar your child likes and use one of the following options:
- Punch two holes with a hole puncher on the top of the pages and pass a ribbon through them so you can hang your calendars up.
- You can get them spirally bound too.
- OR you may want to keep the calendar pages loose. Using tape, stick one page every month on their desk or wall.
Take a video tour of all the 30 calendar designs!
Teaching calendar activities for real life is an important step in getting our kids organized. How do you use calendars with your kids?
Table of Contents
- Important Things You & Your Child Can Use A Calendar For
- How To Use Our Free Preschool Calendar Printables
- Take a video tour of all the 30 calendar designs!
- Teaching calendar activities for real life is an important step in getting our kids organized. How do you use calendars with your kids?