Looking for outdoor fun ideas? Try simple & easy nature walk activities with kids as you go out for a morning walk. Perfect for celebrating Earth Day.
If you want to supercharge outdoor time with fun nature walk activities, then let me share some fun things we have been trying recently.
I have struggled with morning walks after marriage and kids but recently I started going out with my kids. We made a decision to do fun activities every day.
My son has been so excited, he wakes everyone up before it’s even time.
Fun Ideas For Your Next Morning Walk With Kids
Try one each day and take your time enjoying that activity. You can also mix and match any if you like.
1. Tree Scavenger Hunt
Play a tree scavenger hunt. Find trees of different shapes. You can use the scavenger hunt printable below for help.
2. Play With A DIY Bow & Arrow/ Slingshot
Find sticks for making a bow and an arrow or a slingshot and teach them to take shots.
Try finding a stick or use PVC pipes, icecream sticks, etc to make these so you can use them to aim for the higher tree seeds you will collect in activity #5 below.
3. Sing with the birds
Sing with the birds. When we go outside we hear so many different kinds of chirps and songs. Let your kids join the birds. A good way to learn about different birds (crows, sparrows, nightingales, parrots, pigeons, whatever is commonly found in your area).
4. Find 5 animal homes using binoculars or magnifying glasses
Here are some places to look for:
- Tree holes
- Ant nests
- Under rocks
- Bird nests
5. Try Nature Photography
Give them your phone or a camera and help them take pictures of 5 things they think are beautiful around them.
It can be clouds, trees or any living creatures.
Also, if there is any monument or statue, your early morning walk is the perfect time to let your kids enjoy touching them and posing with them so you can take their picture,
In our area, we have statues of some ibex and another of a cheetah, my son loves to climb up top to take pictures with the statues and to touch them.
6. Collect 5 Different Things That Grow On Trees
No repeats. Have fun helping your child climb the tree.
Some things they can collect can be,
Collect everything in a basket for painting later in the day. Also, talk about the different shapes, colors, and textures. Let your child collect things they would like to use somewhere during the day. My son collected pine leaves. He brought them home, cut them with scissors so he could feed them to his toy goat.
7. Collect fruit-shaped rocks for painting
8. Play Nature Hide & Seek
Let your child hide behind a tree, rock, swings, or any large object and try to find them, or vice versa.
My baby loves it when we try to find our son while holding her, the suspense and our commentary make her laugh and giggle.
9. Play I Spy (Nature Objects)
Table of Contents
- Looking for outdoor fun ideas? Try simple & easy nature walk activities with kids as you go out for a morning walk. Perfect for celebrating Earth Day.
- Fun Ideas For Your Next Morning Walk With Kids
- 1. Tree Scavenger Hunt
- 2. Play With A DIY Bow & Arrow/ Slingshot
- 3. Sing with the birds
- 4. Find 5 animal homes using binoculars or magnifying glasses
- 5. Try Nature Photography
- 6. Collect 5 Different Things That Grow On Trees
- 7. Collect fruit-shaped rocks for painting
- 8. Play Nature Hide & Seek
- 9. Play I Spy (Nature Objects)
- Read more